Link building is one of the top strategies to get free traffic to your site. Obviously, this
is one technique that can get you direct traffic from readers who click on the links you leave
behind. Some do not know though that link building is also the key to get noticed and indexed
by search engines. Having a good number of quality links across the net will increase your
chances of appearing in search results. Here are some great tips on how you can get your site
* The first obvious way is to request to be linked to. When you spot a site that you like to
exchange links with, write a brief but polite letter requesting for a link exchange. You can
also add a little note on how much you like the site and why you think it would be a great idea
to swap links. Take note though that one-way links are always preferred for better search
* There are many directories out there that will allow users to submit links for free.
Submit to as many directories as possible. Make sure though that your link is posted on the
correct category and that you provide relevant descriptions. This will help readers looking for
specific information to find you faster.
* Article submissions to article directories are among the best strategies for getting free
backlinks. You just have to write an article that is related to your site and niche topic. Fill
the author box with your information and site link and submit. People who are impressed by the
quality of your articles will not hesitate to check what else you can offer in your site.
* Hundreds of blogs and forums offer you the opportunity to get free traffic through the
comments that you post. You have to make sure though that your comments are related to the
topic or post and that it is substantial and sensible. Sounding like a real expert can get
readers interested in you.
* Social networks are among the best sites to get traffic. All you need to do is to set up
an attractive profile and be friendly. People and friends who view your profile will also find
* Article directories aren't the only sites to submit articles to. You can also look for
blogs and sites that are a bit related to your niche. If you are a certified expert at what you
write about, you can propose to swap articles with a site owner. You could also just offer to
contribute an article for free as a guest writer. You can ask for a link to your site in
exchange for your free work.
* One of the best techniques to get traffic to your site is to post in free classified ad
sites. These sites offer double benefits. Users of these sites and search engines will both
find you faster. The best part about these free sites is that you can post multiple ads and
have them up for an extended period of time.